Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Workin' For The Weekend

I think I'm starting to get that anxious feeling I've always gotten when I fall into any routine. Even if the I don't mind the work I'm doing, I've never been able to get over the fact that I have to do it on some sort of schedule: "Monday = do this, Tuesday = do that, ad infitinty."

Some kid at my dishwashing job yesterday asked me what my "stance on economics was?" This was an awkward question, as we had spoken only briefly before that, but I managed to answer "I love free markets." And that was the end of the conversation.

Yesteday a woman tried to hand me information about setting up some sort of active resistance to get George Bush out of office. I told her, "I'm a Bush supporter. I'm a libertarian." She looked dejected, and I smiled a little bit on the inside.

- adam

No comments: