Monday, October 24, 2005

My house is alternatively too warm or too cold depending upon what room you're in.

Like everyone, I always want that which I cannot have.

I've still yet to figure out what it is I want to do in the upcoming months. As I was watching movies in my house earlier tonight I realized that leaving Oberlin would perhaps be a greater amount of work than it would really be worth. I'm already established here, and in actuality when it comes to academic issues, Oberlin (though obviously imprefect) has enough resources to keep me satisfied. And when it comes down to it, whatever I decide, academics should be the primary focus as they simply haven't been on my radar often in the past few years (the obvious cause of a lot of my issues).

On the other hand, when it comes to social aspects, it really is impossible to predict whether or not I'll be satisfied if I stay in this environment.

As I was outside on my porch I came to the realization that I enjoy interacting with individual people outside of a college environment. When school is in session there are too many people around vying for the focus of myself and others. Personally I like to give and have the attention of the people I'm with for more than a few minutes at a time. All of this makes me long for a situation in which I don't see everyone I know (which in such a small place is everyone) everday. I like having to make plans to hang out with people and actually focusing on relating to them when I do get to see them. It just feels more sincere that way.

- adam

No comments: