Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I fought the law and kinda won

So I had court earlier today and it was definitely the most amusing time I've ever heard in a court building. Of particular note:

* My lawyer was basically blind, cane and everything (which isn't particularly funny, but he kept handing me forms that I'm totally sure he couldn't have read)

* The prosecutor asked if my lawayer "wanted a piece of him" and my lawayer said "I don't want a piece, I want the whole thing."

* Apparently I had "pissed off" (I never actually met him, but I guess prosecutors get angry when you yell at cops) the prosecutor (also a professor at Oberlin) to such an extent that he threatened to schedule my trial in between Christmas and New Years.

* The two court officers had a half-hour conversation in which they talked about babies, thanksgiving, and guns. Note, these weren't seperate conversations, in one fell swoop they talked about eating thanksgiving dinner with sleeping babies in one arm and then going to the gun range.

Anyway, the important part is $250 fine and no record suckas! Which of course means, fundraising party is in the works!

- adam

No comments: