Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death

Bleh. These changes in weather from warm to cold have caused me to suffer from an head cold. I pretty much feel fine (aside from a slight headache), but by nose is either stuffed up or runny. This all-in-all I find to be far more annoying than actually being sick, as it's like I'm waiting for the sickness to come so I can get it over with, but instead I'm perpetually semi-sick.

The first screening for IFS is on Thursday, and I'm fairly hyped about that. A few people have expressed a strong desire to see the film which is always good. Though I am fairly uncertain as to what the crowd will be like considering all the events going on this week. Also, I feel split between my desire to bring films that I'm interested in as opposed to the usual leftist based viewpoints that IFS screened films have held in the past. Further, I'm constantly wondering whether or not screening films is the best use for our budget as screening rights tend to amount to hundreds of dollars per film. I want to focus more on the next semester and actually setting up film-making workshops and talks by directors. However, it's difficult to know where to start with making the right contacts for this.

I still feel like I'm wasting to many hours in the day. Yet whenever I'm in those actual hours I rarely want to do anything else than sit and have idle conversations with people. Lack of motivation is a persistent issue especially since I often feel that the things I think I should be motivated towards doing turn out to be things I don't actually like doing.

- adam

No comments: