Monday, October 31, 2005

Respect

Sometimes I feel bad about being as judgemental as I tend to be but I have this deeply ingrained notion that the actions of the people I choose to associate myself with do in fact reflect upon me. Thus when my friends act inappropriately it places me in a position of association with that behavior. I suppose it's not my place to tell people what they should and shouldn't do if it doesn't directly affect me, however it pains me to see people that I have respect for act as if they have no respect for themselves. It's very difficult to maintain a positive outlook and focus on the reasons why I choose to maintain frienships with people when I would be appalled with myself if I acted in a manner similiar to they.

I want to have friends that I respect. And in the end how can I respect a person if when placed in their shoes I wouldn't respect myself?

- adam

No comments: