Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm Mean Because You're Boring

The social scene at this place has been boing the hell out of me. Don't get me wrong, my friends are rad as fuck and the Bike Olympics yesterday was spectacular (Team Sweat, Fuck Shit Up!) but I haven't met a new person I'm interested in talking to in weeks. Oberlin has been such a dead scene for me and I really need to work on finding something better to do than watching the same people get drunk and act like 15-year olds at every party. Drinking, while making people more sociable, makes people less intelligent and unfortunately when the weekend comes that's all anyone on this campus (myself included) wants to do.

AC made an interesting point yesterday about the party scene around here: "No one you ever want to talk to is at the party." I think I'm starting to agree.

- adam

No comments: