Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bonjour Mr. Phelps


Gadabout went really well yesterday, the best turnout IFS has had this year thus far. Personal favorites included the "Tales of Mere Existence" series by Lev and "I Oversee the Maintenance of a Tool Shed" by the folks at Funtime Entertainment. Eric, Dom and Eva also did a short performance of some of their Halo Fauna tracks which was pretty enjoyable especially in regards to sharks being evolutionary winners.

It was really rad to get to hang out with those kids for the day as well as it had been a year give or take since I had seen any of them. It's always really refreshing to have people from outside of Oberlin come and provide a fresh perspective on this little town that I inhabit. Also, the fact that they've been traveling around the country for months on end put a little spark of travel romanticism in my mind.

A few days back I stumbled upon a series of French Mod sites with some sweet jukeboxes, making my show a) hella psychedelic as the French totally electric organ apparently and b) unpronounceable as I refused to butcher French and say the names of what I was playing. All-in-all though I found it to be a pretty uplifting show, though I wish I had the money to actually buy a lot of the albums in non-electronic form.

Such is life.

- adam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ELECTRIC ORGAN ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOOWWW!!!

the french hate technology, but they sure do love some psycadelic organ stylings!