Monday, July 18, 2005

So this post is quite unusual compared to the typical fare you've all come to expect, by typical I of course mean a series of links to other random pages I've stumbled across. In fact, I think I've already used the term "I" more than I ever have in the history of this damned project.

Anyway, I can't figure out whether waiting at my desk for people I'm trying to interview is the bane or blessing of my existence as an intern. On the one hand I don't have to actually do any work while this happens, yet on the other hand I don't get to do any work.

Emily owes me a new hat, what with her absurd subway antics. I suppose it's alright though as my previous hat was about 2 washes away from having run it's course. Now I just need to come up with some sort of amusing quip to write on the front of this next one as it's apparently going to have a blank front on it.

I still desperately need to find a job in Oberlin or the surrounding area if my plan on living there next year is going to succeed. Unfortunately the camus online classfieds are little help, and I'm dreading trying to convince my mother that going back to Ohio without a job already waiting for me is a good idea.

Poughkeepsie is still fairly boring as hell. The two upsides are, a prevalence of friends to shoot-the-shit with and a fairly centralized location to anywhere else on the northeast. Basically I find myself doing fairly typical guy stuff (tv and poker) on weekdays and spending my weekends visiting folks in NYC or the CT. An odd note, I've suddenly become aware that I don't have a single female friend in the area nor do I have any friends particularly in to all things indie. I guess i'm just too cool for my own party.

- Adam

No comments: