Friday, July 22, 2005

Flaking Out

Well I'm burning bridges yet again and this time I've only been at work for a week. I managed to sleep through work on both Wednesday and today, and today I managed to sleep for an entire 16 hours.

I need to figure out how to treat this condition as soon as possible. It's gotten beyond the point of frustration. Having your sleeping patterns disrupted beyond your control is the most annoying personal issue I've ever dealt with. Everyone else just thinks you're lazy or unmotivated or don't care. And then trying to come up with an explanation for why you missed work and didn't call ("Because I was asleep . . ."), yeah that sounds great.

Most of all it's frustrating because it bothers me to deal with "flakey" people. Yet becuase of whatever is wrong with me (we're thinking Generalized Anxiety Disorder) I've become the epitome of flakes.

At this point I'm sincerely considering placing myself under some sort of house-arrest with my only scheduled tasks being taking my meds and meeting with a therapists as often as possible.

- Adam

No comments: